CONECT-AML is supported by the SFCE,, which is the French Society for the fight against cancer and acute leukemia in children and adolescents (association status law 1901).
It is part of the Cooperative Groups in Oncology, labeled by INCa.
It aims to:
- Promote the organization of care and improve its quality in pediatric oncology
- Promote scientific research in the field of childhood cancers, to develop and carry out scientific studies and therapeutic trials in this field, to participate in studies proposed by other companies, to contribute to the collection of data, to their analysis and to their publication
- Participate in the organization of initial and continuous trainingof clinicians and caregivers involved in the treatment of childhood cancers
- Promote partnership with families and associations working in the Association’s area of ??interest for the achievement of its objectives
- Constitute the structure likely to be consulted by the public authorities, research institutes and charities for any scientific, medical, social or university question likely to concern them in the field of pediatric oncology
- Strengthen relations with groups, learned societies and registries, mainly those involved in the fields of pediatrics, oncology and hematology, cell therapy and epidemiology.
- Strengthen international relations in the field of pediatric oncology and to promote this field in developing countries
It has a board of directors and a scientific committee.
It is organized into 12 tumor committees:
- Soft Tissue Sarcomas (RMS)
- Brain tumors
- Germline Tumors
- Liver tumors
- Bone Tumors
- Rare tumors
And in 11 transversal committees:
- Radiology & Surgery
- Supportive care
- Long-term follow-up